Accommodations - Canada
A variety of accommodation options are available to students studying at Greystone College:
- Regular Homestay (includes 3 meals/day and snacks)
- Half-Board Homestay (includes breakfast and dinner. No lunch included, snacks available only in the evening)
- Roomstay (no meals or snacks provided by the family)
Our Homestay families are located in the finest areas of Toronto and Vancouver; these homes are safe, secure, inspected and approved by our Homestay Program Coordinators. Your Homestay family will be different from your own, so we ask that you be prepared to adjust to a new household routine, different foods and new rules. You will become one of the family! Our Homestay Department, Cultural Coordinators and staff will always be available to assist you whenever you have questions or want to talk.
Duty of Family Members
Most Canadians work outside the home and are active in community affairs. Each family member has duties around the home and does many things for themselves. For example, family members are expected to take their own dishes from the dining room to the kitchen and take care of their own possessions; this will apply to you too! There will be many differences, both personal and cultural between you and your Homestay family. We ask both you and your new family to be accepting of these differences.
Your New Home:
Each family will assist you in learning the layout of your new home. You will be asked to respect the rules and regulations that pertain to their household. If any questions arise about your new home, please feel free to ask your family.
You will be provided with a clean, comfortable, private room. The room will be equipped with a desk, bed, dresser, closet and good lighting. You are expected to keep your own room neat and tidy.
You will have your own house key. Please respect the security of the household. Make sure you return the key when you leave.
You will receive three healthy, adequate meals a day. You will try many different types of food. Please tell your family what you like and dislike.
Note: please read accommodation type descriptions (top paragraph) to see which programs include which meals.
- A typical breakfast may include cereal, bacon, eggs, toast and jam, juice, tea or coffee.
- Either you or your family will pack your lunch for you.
- Dinner will vary from family to family.
- Feel free to help yourself to food between meals.
Homestay Full-board (3 meals):
||$203 per week ($29 per night)
Homestay Half-board (2 meals, No Lunch):
||$189 per week ($27 per night)
||$140 per week ($20 per night)
||$80 (One-Way: -pick-up or drop-off)
$140 (Two-Way: if booked before arrival)
|Accommodation Registration Fee:
Greystone College is proud to present the Alternative Accommodations Placement Program
. With this program, students studying at Greystone College can now be placed with various types of alternative accommodations to Homestay. Contact us for more details.
Accommodations - New Delhi
Another great accommodation option is to stay in one of our modern, clean and fully-furnished student apartments. You'll get the chance to room with students from other nationalities and cultures while studying or doing an internship at the school. The apartments are located within 5-minute walking distance to the school, so this allows you to go home for lunch in between your classes. The apartments are also located near some excellent shopping malls, markets, movie theaters, restaurants and cultural attractions.
- The apartment's rooms have either single or shared occupancy with king-sized or single beds. There are multiple bathrooms in the apartments for convenience.
- Full kitchen with all cooking utensils and pots/pans
- Large living room with dining table, sofas, chairs and coffee tables. Apartments are equipped with TV and DVD players. You can also have access to the schools large DVD collection for personal viewing.
- Balcony at the front of the apartment
- A great gym with new treadmills, stationary bikes, flat screen TVs and weights
- A 5 minute walk from the school.
- There is bottled mineral water provided as well as optional twice daily maid service and optional laundry service.
A perfect way to experience the Indian way of life is to join our homestay program. These homes are of a good standard and are located near the school. Your hosts are often working families or retired people. You stay in a friendly atmosphere with an English speaking family, and if you are a fan of authentic Indian cuisine, you can experience all the flavours, spices and varieties of Indian cooking. While staying with a family, you are still independent and you are not expected to take part in family life. The travel time to the school from these houses is between 5 and 45 minutes on public transport and/or an auto rickshaw.
Private homes can be booked on a full-board basis (breakfast, lunch and dinner), or self-catering.
ILSC students can sign up for a convenient cell phone plan for local and international calls and a personal internet card option.
All our host families are regularly visited to guarantee satisfactory standards.
Guest House and Budget Hotel
These options are also available. Please inquire for more information: email@example.com