Certificate in Interpreting & Translation (Korean)
- Gain an understanding of the different types and methods of interpreting-translation and prepare for entry into the field
- Learn how to accurately connect source and target language by developing specific interpreting and translation techniques
- Expand your technical terminology from a wide range of topics and fields
- Program taught by highly-qualified bilingual instructors
The Certificate in Interpreting and Translation program at Greystone College is an excellent stepping stone for learners who wish to build careers in the interpreting-translation field or wish to strengthen their bilingual skills by learning the fundamentals and basic methods of interpreting and translation. The program introduces consecutive interpreting and sight translation, and learners are able to practice these techniques in various exercises. Learners can enhance their interpreting accuracy and communicative skills by learning common English idioms and expressions while learning how to avoid awkward translation. By looking at different weekly topics, students will expand their field knowledge and language needed to compete in the global job market.
Successful graduates not only increase confidence in their English language fluency but are capable of using both languages comfortably in any working field.
Successful graduates may consider continuing on with the 4-week Advanced Interpreting & Translation course in order to complete Greystone's 12-week Diploma program.
- Students who are interested in attending Greystone College must have completed (graduated from) their final year of general schooling.
- International students must demonstrate an intermediate 4 level of English with our online written test and arranged speaking interview.
- Proof of proficiency in Korean: school records from education in which Korean was the language of instruction, or minimum TOPIK level 5.
The online written test is exempt if CLB 8, iBT 70, IELTS 6, or ILSC Intermediate 4 is presented.
If an applicant fails to meet the minimum requirements, they cannot be waived by either the institution or the student.
2015 & 2016 Fees
Registration Fee: $150
Material fee: $250
8 weeks (27 hours per week)
2015 Start Dates
Nov 2, Nov 30
2016 Start Dates
Jan 4, Feb 1, Feb 29, Mar 28, Apr 25, May 24, Jun 20, Jul 18, Aug 15, Sep 12, Oct 11, Nov 7, Dec 5
Students will cover various topics throughout the course, and will learn various methods of interpreting-translation, as well as vocabulary for different fields and purposes.
|INTERPRETING & TRANSLATION
MODULE A (4 Weeks)
|INTERPRETING & TRANSLATION
MODULE B (4 Weeks)
|Unit 1: Entertainment & People||Unit 1: Nature & Environment|
|Unit 2: Global Issues||Unit 2: Psychology & Culture|
|Unit 3: Law||Unit 3: Digital Life|
|Unit 4: World Business||Unit 4: Health Science|
Each module is 4 weeks in length, and students complete two modules to earn their certificate.
|9:00 AM – 12:00 PM||Class||Class|
|12:00 PM – 1:00 PM||Lunch||No class|
|1:00 PM – 4:00 PM||Class|