Diploma in Advanced Interpreting & Translation (Korean) Upgrade
- Participate in exercises designed to simulate actual interpreting situations from various settings in Canada
- Option to take the Cultural Interpreter Language Interpretation Skills Assessment Tool
- Program taught by highly-qualified bilingual instructors
The Diploma in Advanced Interpreting and Translation Upgrade at Greystone College provides an additional 4 weeks of study to further hone your interpreting and translation skills, and an advanced qualification to add to your resume. To take the upgrade, students must first complete the Certificate in Interpreting & Translation (Korean). The Advanced Interpreting-Translation course focuses on situations specific to Canada. Learners also have increased opportunities to receive individual feedback from instructors as well as learn self-assessment skills.
Successful graduates of the 4-week program are eligible to take the (CILISAT Cultural Interpreter Language Interpretation Skills Assessment Tool).
- Students who are interested in attending Greystone College must have completed (graduated from) their final year of general schooling.
- International students must demonstrate an intermediate 3 level of English with our online written test and arranged speaking interview.
- Proof of proficiency in Korean: school records from education in which Korean was the language of instruction, or minimum TOPIK level 5
The online written test is exempt if iBT 55, IELTS 5, or ILSC Intermediate 3 is presented.
If an applicant fails to meet the minimum requirements, they cannot be waived by either the institution or the student.
Registration Fee: $150
Materials fee: $100
CILISAT Exam (optional):$150
4 weeks (27 hours per week)
2017 Start Dates
Jan 3, Mar 27, Jun 19, Sep 11
Students will cover various topics throughout the course, and will learn various methods of interpreting-translation, as well as vocabulary for different fields and purposes.
|ADVANCED INTERPRETING & TRANSLATION (4 Weeks)|
|Unit 1: Introducation to CILISAT exams||Unit 5: Interpreting for Newcomers to Canada|
|Unit 2: Fundamentals of Community Interpreting||Unit 6: Interpreting for Victims in Canada|
|Unit 3: Assessment||Unit 7: Interpreting for Patients in Canada|
|Unit 4: Interpreting for International Students in Canada||Unit 8: Translating Instructions and Guidelines|
|9:00 AM – 12:00 PM||Class||Class|
|12:00 PM – 1:00 PM||Lunch||No class|
|1:00 PM – 4:00 PM||Class|
What is CILISAT?
CILISAT stands for Cultural Interpreter Language Interpretation Skills Assessment Tool and is developed by CISOC, a registered organization that provides professional interpretation and translation services in Canada. This assessment tool is recognized by Ontario's Ministry of Citizenship, Culture and Recreation and aims to measure individuals’ consecutive interpreting, sight-translation skills and overall language fluency, ultimately enhancing job prospects for those who wish to function as a bilingual in any field.