TESOL Cambridge Diploma
- Complete the TESOL TKT Certificate, and TKT–Young Learners Certificate to earn the Cambridge TESOL Diploma
- Develop the knowledge, skills and teaching methods required for teaching English to learners of any age
- Gain hands on practice through classroom observation, peer teaching and a young learners practicum
- Option to take the internationally recognized Cambridge University TKT exam, including modules 1-3 and TKT:YL
- Students who are interested in attending Greystone College must have completed (graduated from) their final year of general schooling.
- International students must demonstrate a high intermediate level of English with our online written test and arranged speaking interview (the online test may be waived if currently in an ILSC Intermediate 3 or higher).
- The online written test is exempt if iBT 55 or IELTS 5.5 is presented.
- Criminal Record Check is required.
*Note: If an applicant fails to meet the minimum requirements, they cannot be waived by either the institution or the student.
The objectives of this course are to teach students the fundamentals of TESOL and to prepare students for the Cambridge Teaching Knowledge Test. Students who take this course will be more confident in presenting and giving instructions; and will be given the opportunity to lead ESL activities and observe an ESL class.
TESOL TKT Certificate (4 weeks)
12 weeks part-time evenings (3 hours X 3 nights/week) or 1 month full time. Teaching practicum arranged after program on an individual basis. Practicum length: 3-6 weeks.
TKT CertificateModule 1
Describing language and language skills, background and giving instructionsModule 2
Planning and preparing lessons and selecting and using resources and materialsModule 3
Managing the teaching and learning process and the classroomOther Components
Observation, peer teaching, and developing presentation skills
TKT-Young Learners Certificate (4 weeks)
Gain the knowledge, strategies and skills required to teach and engage young learners. TKT-Young Learners is ideal if you are an international teacher working, or intending to work, in the primary sector of education. Students will gain an understanding of lesson planning, different teaching strategies and learner assessment. The course includes 1 week of unique practicum where students will observe and practice teaching in day cares, pre-schools, or elementary schools.
Knowledge of young learners and principles of teaching English to young learnersPart 2
Planning and preparing young learner lessonsPart 3
Teaching young learnersPart 4
Assessing young learner learning through classroom based assessment
Start Dates - 2013
Jan 2, Jan 28, Feb 25, Mar 25, Apr 22, May 21, Jun 17, Jul 15, Aug 12, Sep 9, Oct 7, Dec 2, Dec 30
Start Dates - 2014
Jan 27, Feb 24, Mar 24, April 21, May 20, June 16, July 14, Aug 11, Sep 8, Oct 6, Nov 3, Dec 1Please contact : Greystone College Vancouver.
What is TKT?
TKT is a test from Cambridge ESOL about teaching English to speakers of other languages. It aims to increase teachers' confidence and enhance job prospects by focusing on the core teaching knowledge needed by teachers of primary, secondary or adult learners, anywhere in the world. This flexible and accessible award will help you to understand different methodologies for teaching, the 'language of teaching', the ways in which resources can be used, the key aspects of lesson planning, and classroom management methods for different needs. Learn more about the TKT: Frequently Asked Questions