Diploma in Tourism & Hospitality Management Co-op
- Learn from top industry professionals and highly-qualified instructors
- In addition to the Greystone diploma, graduates will receive a diploma and certificates from the internationally-recognized American Hotel and Lodging Association
- Put your new skills to work in a paid co-op placement
- Gain Canadian work experience in Tourism & Hospitality, the fastest-growing industry in the world
Students acquire industry knowledge through an internationally recognized Tourism & Hospitality program, and gain Canadian work experience through a paid co-op placement. Tourism & Hospitality are two of the fastest growing industries, and the largest area of employment in the world. Our Greystone graduates enjoy a wide variety of positions in many career areas. The program is offered in 18 month periods, each composed of a 50% academic and a 50% paid co-op placement component.
- Students who are interested in attending Greystone College must have completed (graduated from) their final year of general schooling.
- Successful applicants will be positive, proactive, and independent.
- International Students must demonstrate a high intermediate level of English with our online written test and arranged speaking interview.
Note: The online written test is exempt if iBT 70, IELTS 6, ILSC I4 or CLB8 is presented. The online written test is exempt if ILSC's Hospitality Management Preparation Certificate program is completed.
Written and Oral English Tests: Applicants are required to take the THCM on-line written test. Once successful with the written test, a phone interview will be arranged with a Greystone College Academic Director to assess the spoken English level as well as personal motivation for this program.
If an applicant fails to meet the minimum requirements, they cannot be waived by either the institution or the student.
36 weeks studies + 36 weeks paid co-op placement + 2 weeks tutorial
Start Dates - 2016*
Jan 4, Feb 1, Feb 29, Mar 28, Apr 25, May 24, Jun 20, Jul 18, Aug 15, Sep 12, Oct 11, Nov 7, Dec 5
Start dates subject to change.
* Students whose co-op start falls in the month of December and early January can expect a few weeks delay to their practicum start date due to low business activities around Christmas and New years holiday.
Fees - 2016
Co-op service: $500
Materials fee: $1320
OPTIONAL PLACEMENT UPGRADE FEES
Standard Placement fee: $325
All fees are in Canadian dollars.