Tourism Hospitality Management Co-op Diploma (THMC)
- Receive training from top industry professionals and highly qualified instructors
- Obtain the internationally recognized American Hotel and Lodging Association AHLA certificates
- Experience paid co-op placement upon the successful completion of the Tourism & Hospitality Management program
- Gain Canadian work experience in Tourism & Hospitality, the fastest growing industries in the world
Students acquire industry knowledge through an internationally recognized Tourism & Hospitality program, and gain Canadian work experience through a paid co-op placement. Tourism & Hospitality are two of the fastest growing industries, and the largest area of employment in the world. Our Greystone graduates enjoy a wide variety of positions in many career areas. The program is offered in 18 month periods, each composed of a 50% academic and a 50% paid co-op placement component.
- Students who are interested in attending Greystone College must have completed (graduated from) their final year of general schooling.
- Successful applicants will be positive, proactive, and independent.
- International Students must demonstrate a high intermediate level of English with our online written test and arranged speaking interview.
Note: The online written test is exempt if iBT 70, IELTS 6, ILSC I4 or CLB8 is presented. The online written test is exempt if ILSC's Hospitality Management Preparation Certificate program is completed.
Written and Oral English Tests: Applicants are required to take the THCM on-line written test. Once successful with the written test, a phone interview will be arranged with a Greystone College Academic Director to assess the spoken English level as well as personal motivation for this program.
If an applicant fails to meet the minimum requirements, they cannot be waived by either the institution or the student.
36 weeks studies + 36 weeks paid co-op placement + 2 weeks tutorial
Start Dates - 2017*
Jan 3, Jan 30, Feb 27, Mar 27, Apr 24, May 23, Jun 19, Jul 17, Aug 14, Sep 11, Oct 10, Nov 6, Dec 4
Start dates subject to change.
* Students whose co-op start falls in the month of December and early January can expect a few weeks delay to their practicum start date due to low business activities around Christmas and New years holiday.
Fees - 2017
Registration fee: $150
Materials fee: $1320
service/placement fee: $825*
Co-op Service fee includes:
The co-op service includes: Various types of pre-placement assistance including workshops on resume and cover letter writing, job hunting strategies, practice interviews, individual meeting to advise on career development, and more.